For the girl that loves to workout ALMOST as
much as she loves to EAT (nom nom nom)


Saturday, September 22, 2012

"Watch Out for the Running Lady"

6 am came around waaayyy too fast. This is me at 6am..(hold on to your hats)..
Omg, I cant believe I just posted that. Haha, I seriously couldn't open one eye. But imagine waking up with this face in your face...
James was up bright and early to train his clients so I went ahead and jumped up to prepare for my 9-miler! It was kinda hard pumping myself up for the run but when I took Mykee out for his morning walk, I saw a few marathon trainers out there hitting the pavement and it pushed me to go ahead inside and prepare for my own run.
 Here are a few things I packed for the trip..
My jelly beans! You guys, THESE THINGS ARE AMAZEBALLS!!
I seriously ran this 9 mile route nonstop and when I made it back to my apartment, I was ready to clean the entire house! What you do is eat one pack of beans (the ones with the caffeine) to get you going 30 minutes before your run. Then you pack a bag of beans for the trip..I only needed half a bag during my trip so I can use the remaining beans next run. I chewed a few during mile 5 and mile 7 and I was good to go! Now just because these beans work for me doesnt mean they will work for everyone but they are seriously worth a try. Like I said before, there is no way I can do GU. Just thinking about trying to swallow that slop makes my stomach turn. Beans, Beans..they're good for your--run.
So here is my special fanny pack- I turn it backwards so the bag is on my backside and I dont look as goofy. These bags are small but I managed to fit my phone, a bag of beans, my keys and my pepper spray (that I decided to pull out and run with around mile 2). Trust no one!
Remember that water bottle that I thought was gunna get on my nerves?? LOVED IT!! Its not annoying at all because it fits so snuggly around your hand so you don't actually have to worry about holding it. And the sloshing water didnt bother me at all. WIN!
 
So down to the running business...
I mapped out a 3 mile route that I was kinda nervous about- 1) because it's a 3 mile route- that will have to be repeated two more times. How boring. I don't know how I did it- but I did (i bet it was the beans, lol).
2) I knew my route would take me right past the Salvation Army in the crummy part of downtown- I know, I know.."why in the heck are you running in the crummy part of downtown Little Rock".. I don't know- there are a million runners in the area during this time- no excuse, I know but I was so prepared...
This picture was taken after my run, but i literally had my finger on the trigger the entire time. Anywho, I ran right past the Salvation Army- 3 times. And I am telling you, those homeless men were SOO encouraging!! All I heard when I ran past was "YOU CAN DO IT" and "KEEP GOING" and "I LOVE YOU" and of course, "CAN I HAVE A DOLLA?".. haha I am totally serious! They seriously made my running a bit easier. I mean the run wasnt bad at all, but my legs were about to fall off. It hurts more when you start to slow down- thats why I try to keep my pace steady. I didnt run as fast as I want to during the marathon but I didn't walk. Baby steps =)
Towards the end of my run, there was a little grumpy old lady and her friend in the middle of the sidewalk. I was heading straight for them and I heard the friend say to old grumps "watch out for the running lady".  Little miss thing replied "the running lady better watch out for ME".
HAHA!!
That isnt a picture of the old bag, but when I googled "grumpy old lady" thats what popped up.
 
OH YEAH,
One thing you must remember when going on long runs is SOCKS! They can make or break you. Here is a picture of my foot when I did the Germantown Half Marathon with normal socks..
BLISTER CITY!! I quickly learned that you MUST wear good running socks that will wick away all the moisture and prevent blisters. I got that blister around mile seven with my normal socks- well I wore my new Feetures socks and I was blister free!
 
 
Make sure you have a recovery formula to replenish with after your workouts. I love the Wheybolic protein from GNC. Strawberry is awesome! I dont have a picture of the bag for you but you can purchase that at GNC so your body won't be so fatigued for your next workout!
 
NoW FoR mY TrEaT....
 
James decided that we needed a trip to Wally World to get NECESSARY ITEMS ONLY..
Okay, I can dig it. I asked our favorite friend Aaron if he wanted to tag along. He agreed because he knew it would be a show. I am a shopper and James is a saver..
Welp we traveled with our little buggy down the wine aisle..and I spotted my "Great Job Running This Morning" treat...
 
MADDDD HOUSEWIFE WINE!!!
 
 
Yes Yes Yes!! I knew James would say "hell no, put it back" so I told Aaron to hide it at the bottom of the basket and sneak it on the little checkout scanner while James wasnt paying attention. I mean Aaron was moving like a sneaky cat!! James didnt even notice!!
Thats Aaron bagging the groceries while my sweet bottle of wine sits hidden on the scanner. Welp the goofy checkout guy holds up the bottle of wine to James and says "SIR I HAVE TO CHECK THIS OUT LAST"...James looks up and says "whats that?".. I say "geee how did that get in there?" and Aaron dies laughing. Damn! Caught!
Thanks Mr. Checkout Guy..
 
 
Well,
Thats all for today guys!! Tomorrow is a cross training day! I think I'll do some functional training but I'll take lots of pictures and tell you all about it!
 
Love and Light,
Court
 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment