For the girl that loves to workout ALMOST as
much as she loves to EAT (nom nom nom)


Sunday, September 23, 2012

No Nonsense

Booyoww!!
Today was supposed to be a cross training day so James promised that he would tag along with me to the gym so that I can do moves-- and he could snap photos for you guys. But this happened...
 
So i ended up ALLLL ALONE. But that's okay! I kept a positive attitude...
And set out to the gym alone. Don't mind that pile of crap to the left- just a little pile that SOMEBODY (not me) was supposed to take to the trash this afternoon...
 

So I made my way to 10 fitness (gym in Little Rock that costs- you guessed it- $10/month) for 60 minutes of cross training. I didn't go to the functional training gym (functional training is kinda like a crossfit gym- I'll explain that later) because my legs are still a bit sore from yesterday- going from nothing to 9 miles is pretty tough on your body so I took it easy today. 
I hopped on the bike and rode for 25 minutes- just a nice easy ride (intensity of 8, no hill intervals today), watched a little tv and before I knew it, it was time to get off!
I then got an exercise ball and two 8 pound weights and did sit-up jabs.
 
1. Grab an exercise ball
2. Grab your weights- whatever size works for you
3. Lay back on your ball with the weights in each hand
4. Sit up and jab your right arm hard to the left (punch your boss hard!)
5. Lay back on the ball with your core contracted
6. Sit up and jab your left arm to the right (punch him/her hard again!)
7. Repeat..and repeat and repeat and repeat
 
I then did burpees on the step...
So you put both hands on the floor jump both feet back (you'll be in pushup positon). Jump your feet back to your hands (butt shall be in the air- like you just dont care) and stand up, jumping on the step in a fluid motion. It might be difficult to keep it flowing when you first start out but thats okay! Just keep it up. It will get easier with practice =)
 
After I finished with my burpees and ball jabs (heehee), I went for the No Nonsense circuit. This is to be done continuously without a break until the entire circuit is finished. Then you are to repeat it 2 more times! GO HARD and don't hold back. If done correctly, you should be dripping! If The No Nonsense workout is all you plan on doing, running a mile (or two) before and after will add a little intensity to the workout! Give it a try!

 
 
After my workout was complete, I headed to Kroger to pick up some TP and wandered on the health nut aisle...
 
SERIOUSLY PEOPLE!!

"Get Rich Quick" schemes are not the way to go.. So why would one think that "Get Fit Quick" schemes are effective? Slim Quick and Hydroxycut may work for some but why do we always try to take the quick and "easy" route? Work out, eat right and the results will come- I promise. Put the pills down, grab a stick of celery and join a bootcamp. Sheesh.
 
 


 
So I wandered on down and passed by this.. I love Muscle Milk. People have different opinions about protein shakes but I think this is a good one. They also have a "light" version for people that want to keep the calories low. But if you need more protein in your diet, these are great (and yummy). LET ME BE CLEAR-- if your diet calls for more protein, it is better to consume more protein with actual whole foods- supplementing with shakes is not the BEST choice. But Muscle Milk is a good shake.
 
Anddd finally. I walked past the frozen dessert aisle. And stopped. Then kept walking. Then turned around. And walked down the aisle. What the heck. Its Sunday. Calories don't count on Sundays. You didn't know that? lol. Well if I must have ice cream, Im gunna go with SKINNY COW. It is the BEST ice cream with 1/3 of the guilt!! I got a mini cup of Dulce de Leche. 150 calories and 1 gram of fat. We wont mention the carbs and sugar content- its Sunday. Remember? haha!! If the ice cream container can fit in the palm of your hands then its all good. I don't make the rules =)

 
Well tomorrow is another running day. I have 3 miles so I'll knock that one out bright and early in the morning!
What workouts will you partake in tomorrow? Share with me!
 
Talk to you guys tomorrow!
 
 
Peace in the Middle East,
Court
 

6 comments:

  1. haha. love this blog guhhh!! especially love the ball jabs. lol. nice job!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You dont know how excited this made me!! My first comment!! Thank you girl! Hopefully people enjoy it just as much as we do =)

      Delete
  2. Great blog Courtney! Very informative and motivating. I'm trying my hardest not to try some get skinny quick fad before the wedding, and have actually been doing it the LONG way with exercise and healthier eating. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Ariel!! Im so excited for our weddings! Time is FLYING!! Good luck with your eating and exercising! You will make a beautiful bride!! xoxo!

      Delete
  3. i laughed sooo freaking hard while reading this blog!! omg!! "...punch your boss hard!" i like the ice cream rule!
    tomorrow i will be running 3 miles in the morning and lifting in the evening! i can't wait to hear tomorrow's sweat story! until then... xoxox!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are my number 1 supporter ( well James doesn't count)!! If nobody else reads the blog I know you will! Love you girl =)

      Delete