For the girl that loves to workout ALMOST as
much as she loves to EAT (nom nom nom)


Monday, September 24, 2012

What Runners Pooch?

Hi Guys,

Well I actually miscalculated and today was a rest day on my running schedule. That is actually good news because my legs still hurty hurty hurt-hurt! So in the spirit of rest days, I decided to have THIS for breakfast.. judge me if you want to, I'm a marathon runner now so if I wanna have a mini muffin I WILL HAVE a blueberry mini muffin. And it was GOOOOOD too.

Now I promise I am a semi-clean eater but even the dedicated fall of the wagon once, or twice..or three times. Ya know- be happy. Don't worry that muffin VANISHED from my body after the workouts I suffered through today. Keep reading.

 I was supposed to rest but I teach a kickboxing class and a cardio sculpt class on Monday nights- back to back- and yes, I do the whole damn class with my students. What a rest day this turned out to be! But I love teaching fitness classes because I love sharing the joy with my students..and the pain, of course =)
 It's always good to switch up your workouts- for example: I love to run. But I can't just run all the time- I have to switch it up so that I can give certain muscles a break and engage other unused muscles. And running can get really boring- really fast. Confuse those muscles! Go swimming, or hiking..or do some yoga!
I asked a few of my students to stay and take a picture with me for my blog so that I'd have something to share with my readers-- these are the troopers that remained for the sweaty pic..All the pretty girls scooted out the door. Haha I'll catch em next time.
 
 
OH! I found this helpful picture today which shows one how to run CORRECTLY. Seriously, pay attention to this picture because I promise you- I run with my shoulders slumped and I look like Quasimoto (I'm spelling it like I think it should be spelled- do me a favor, don't google the correct spelling- be nice. It's Monday). I am CONVINCED that I have a Runner's Pooch becuase I dont have good posture while I run. I really tried to fix it but its soo hard to stand up straight while running. You can also get a runners pooch when you don't stretch out your hip flexors properly. So after each workout make sure you STRRREETTCCHH!

Hip Flexin!!

NEW PROTEIN SOURCE...

James tried ISOPURE yesterday and he says that he really likes it. I tasted it and it doesnt taste half bad. A small after taste but it has 40 grams of protein and its not thick, like a shake. Its actually tastes like watered down Kool aid... only drawback is- its pretty pricey. This bottle is $4 but the actual powder is $60 for a few weeks supply. Yikes..
Not too shabby..
 
Before I go:
 
Since I've been shoving protein supplements down your throat, lets go over some sources of protein that we should all include in our diets...
1. boneless skinless chicken (organic is best)
2. canned tuna
3.wild salmon/tilapia
4.beans and lentils
5. eggs (organic if you can)
6. lean beef- sirloin is good
7.greek yogurt
8.quinoa
9. almonds
10.cottage cheese 

Yummy yummy! Now I'm hungry!
OMG doesnt this look sooooo good? Bananas are actually not the best fruit choice for you but they are soooo tasty! My parents would always know when I snuck in (in my college years) to steal food from their pantry because the bananas would be missing! hahaha!

Okay guys!
I hope you have a good night! Tomorrow is my 3 mile trek so I'll let you know how it goes!

Peace and Chicken Grease,
Court

7 comments:

  1. I am really glad you posted about the various proteins. My only issue with protein is, getting enough!!! Do you have any reccommendations for maintaining high levels of protein in your diet? I feel like I eat sooo much AND I am allergic to nuts!! AND I don't like calories (who does)! What's a girl to do Court???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heidi!!!
      Well it seems like you need an actual supplement to assist you in increasing your protein levels. Calorie intake is a concern for most women so I would suggest something like muscle milk light-- or that Isopure pictured above that has 40 grams of protein and only 160 calories! How many grams of protein per day are you trying to consume garl???
      XOXO
      Courtney

      Delete
    2. 140 Court!!! I want more muscle definition! I feel like I am definitely putting in the work, and I can see some results. But the next step I think is going to be more protein. Tell me what you think??? AAAHH! XO!

      Delete
    3. YES! More protein is DEF the way to go. And you should be drinking HELLA water. 1 ounce for every 2 pounds of body weight. Get drinking!!!

      Delete
  2. Two questions-
    1. What your running schedule?
    2. What your diet?
    THANKS BOO!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Linds!!
      I use Hal Higdon's schedules to train for races. Since I am currently training for the Marathon, I'm using his Marathon Novice 1 training schedule. Google Hal Higdon. He is like 1,000 years old but his schedules are AMAZING!!

      Delete
    2. Oh and my diet is high in protein (see above listings of proteins), lots of veggies and whole grain carbs if I can. I also eat the "not-so-sweet" fruits such a black, blue and raspberries, granny smith apples, grapefruit and a little mango here and there. No fruits or carbs after 4. Now i do sneak a treat (or one or two or three) in there from time to time! haha!
      XOXO

      Delete