For the girl that loves to workout ALMOST as
much as she loves to EAT (nom nom nom)


Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Burning Up!

BONUS BONUS BONUS POST!!

I know I've already posted once today but I after the run I just experienced I must share with you some important "Rules of the Road".
Yes, this is me right now. The look on my face portrays exactly how fun this run was.
I started extra late- which is not good, especially when you are running downtown alone. I didnt get to finish because the sun went down and the hobos came out to play.
I'll make up for it tomorrow- don't yall worry.
 
OKAY!
 
So do you know when people say "I was just soo dern busy that I forgot to eat"..
I'm always like...
YEHHHH RIGHT!!
 
I'm such a greedy girl..there is no way I could forget to eat..right?
WRONG!!
I didn't remember to eat until after I was outside working on mile 1. Damn. IT IS SOOO IMPORTANT TO REMEMBER TO EAT- especially for us fitness people. We have to stay energized. And I dont care what anyone says- if you dont get proper nutrition, there is no sports bean in the world that can give you energy to complete a great workout. I wanted to fall down in the grass and stay there until someone noticed- and brought me a snack. But I kept going. I will NEVER do that again.  
 
ANOTHER THING!!
It is important that you NOT skip meals. When you skip meals and become SOOOO hungry, you will eat ANYTHING! Then you'll feel guilty afterwards. If you consume healthy snacks throughout the day, when its time for your meals, you won't be as hungry as you can make logical decisions. There have been many times when James was crusing along (while my stomach was eatingmy back) and he would calmly say "Where would you like to eat hunny?"..and I'd be like..
I DON"T CARE! I WANT EVERYTHING! FEED ME NOOWWW!!
 
lol

 It is also important that you eat until you are satisfied-- not until you are STUFFED. There is a big difference. Eat until you are not hungry anymore..don't keep eating to the point you're uncomfortable. The ONLY time it's okay to eat until you can't breathe is Thanksgiving.


Totally Kidding...kinda.
 
ONE MORE THING..
There is a difference.
I am guilty of this every once in a while. Are you really hungry?? Or do you need to find a hobby?
Think about it the next time you try to reach for some Oreos.
 
NOW PUT CHA HANDS IN THE AIR IF YOUR FACE FEELS LIKE THIS WHEN YOU SWEAT....
This could be due to a number of things.. the only reason I thought of this random topic is because the little crack under my nose is on FIRE right now.
This can be caused by makeup or facial moisturizer residue that adversely reacts with the sweat. I use hydroquinone and a tretinoin as an acne/scarring treatment and I forgot to wash my face before I went out. These treatments actually make your face more sensitive to the salt in your sweat and cause it to burn. Wiping off your face too hard with your tshirt or towel probably doesnt make it any better.
Sweat bands help/ and make sure you wash your face before you exercise. Aquaphor (in the baby section) before and after your run helps.. AND WATER! Staying hydrating during your heavy sweat sessions can actually alleviate the burn since your sweat won't be as salty.
Ok guys, thats all for tonight!
I hope you sleep well!
TOMORROW IS THURSDAY!
Every Thursday I will post a fun and healthy recipe for you to try! So stay tuned..
 
May the force be with you,
Court

3 comments:

  1. thanks for the facial cleansing info... i am currently reading this blog with some neosporin (heard it clears pimples) on my face. i am CONVINCED my face has been breaking out as a result of my workouts! i will switch it up! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you wash your face before you exercise or are you wearing your makeup?

      Delete
  2. I never wear make up to the gym, but i dont wash before either. we incorporate before washes tomorrow! thanks court!

    ReplyDelete