For the girl that loves to workout ALMOST as
much as she loves to EAT (nom nom nom)


Saturday, January 12, 2013

Guess Who's Back?!

Ok, Ok, Ok!
Its been THREE MONTHS since I've posted and I promise to NEVER leave you guys hanging for sooo long!! Starting a new job (in another state) and planning my DrEaM WeDdInG has kept this little woman BUSY BUSY BUSY. Only 55 Days until I become a MRS and I am sooo freaking excited!! Check him out! My sexy muscle man =)

SOOOOO lets get to it! I have to get you guys caught up with whats been going on in my fitness world! Let us start with the St. Jude Marathon!
 So I am proud to announce that I finished the race!! Here is a shot of me and Nicole at the start up line and YES I was about to Pee my pants. Figuratively AND literally. The restroom lines were about 20 people long so I had to wait until about mile 2 to grab a free potty. I never saw Nicole again. I was in a sea of runners..allll alone. Haha! But really- it was an awesome experience. I actually hurt my IT band at mile 17 and I had to limp/skip/jog/walk/cry to the finish line but I was NOT about to let a stupid injury keep me from that shiny gold medal. MARATHON NUMBER 1...CHECK!




I'm actually signed up to run the Little Rock 1/2 marathon this March (a week before the wedding- yup, I'm a dummy) but I havent run since the marathon. I'm kinda scared. I did a few physical therapy sessions and I might go back to get a little more therapy in just to be safe. Will keep yall posted.
Me, my medal and my homemade knee brace. LOL!!
 
 
So after the race... I took off for two weeks and just rested. It seriously drove me crazy. I felt like I was getting fatter by the minute! On Dec 18, my dear Ashley convinced me to sign up for BIKRAM YOGA. I thought she lost her mind. No way in HELL was I gunna get in a room of 30 sweaty funky people..with the door closed and the heat turned up to 105. First, I sweat like a man..Second..I sweat like a man.. Third, so does my weave. Judge away..lol. I agreed to give it a shot. I figured that all that stretching would do me some good- and at least give my knee a good workout.
So this is me and Ash on our first day. It was HELL. But now I am SOOO ADDICTED. After only a little less than a month, I've dropped weight, I'm more flexible, and less stressed. I would reccommend Bikram to anyone!If you can get past the heat, you will do fine! You have to remember to hydrate often, eat well and get adequate rest.. and the rumors are true. They will not let you leave the room during class (the sessions are 90 minutes long). You can't drink water until after the 4th pose (about 15 minutes in). No talking, no watches, no looking at anyone else but yourself..I think thats it. There are 26 poses and you do each pose twice. You listen to the instructor and watch yourself in the mirror. Everyone is so focused and in tune with their own practice. I love it. I love challenging myself to get better- I mean seriously when I first went, I had to sit down for half the class. Now I can get through the entire session without taking a seat! Now I'm just trying to work on my postures- some are difficult but most of them are pretty easy. Its just the perfecting part.I encourage anyone and EVERYONE to try it out!
And believe me-- he AINT lying. I love that everyone is comfortable with their bodies in class but MAN. Seriously.
Haha-- one other thing that me and my immature friend can't deal with in Bikram is the pooting. I kid you not, these yogis break wind and keep it moving like it never happened. Half moon pose, let er rip, change. Namaste.
You should have seen the looks on our faces when we heard the first human machine gun. Gahhh. I looked around with wild eyes wondering who did it and Ashley was trying to hold her laugh down. There is one lady who poots at least three times without hesitation. And nobody says excuse me!! I guess because you arent allowed to speak. But still! The room is BURNING UP..and the DOOR IS CLOSED! Hold your gas until its time to leave. lol..I'm kidding- kinda. I know youre supposed to let all the wind go and its part of the process..blah blah blah. It's still disturbing me while I try to hold my poses. Put your poots on silent. Well- nevermind. Those are the killer ones. Ok, ok..I'm done.
So I'm gunna leave you guys for now but I will post another one tomorrow. We have SOOO much to talk about. And I've got a WHOLE MESS of healthy recipes to share! Excited!!
 
Until tomorrow,
Namaste =)
Court



2 comments:

  1. Check your shoes! I can't wear Asics for example because they irritated my IT band this time last year!

    I've missed reading your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your wedding plans! That's so exciting. I hope you'll post pictures about it soon, I can't wait.

    ReplyDelete